Wednesday, October 25, 2006

To Lois From Clark

Lois,

Remember when you said “all is fair in...”? Turns out that you are undoubtedly the fairest of them all. From jump I said I wasn’t giving us up, but you are the one that showed us the way to make this work. You are a very special lady and we are grateful for what we have.

From Us (For Us)

If you could see what I feel
When I think into your heart
It’s a connection so real
And we had it from the start

I’ve been strong for you since the day we met
Even as you put your cheek on my chest
But I’m weak for you because you never forget
A man’s heart beats beneath the letter “S”

Sharing love and respect and that's no lie
But let me tell you the secret of just how I fly
You got into my belly and began to multiply
Now a million little wings make me the master of the sky
But these are special little beings and here's the reason why:
Each one is a miniature of you, my precious Blue Butterfli

When it comes to flirting there's no shame in my game.
But your heart is no toy so you won’t find me acting lame.
I may wear a cape but there has never been a mask
You can count on me; any situation, however big the task
The heart stuff: Puh-lease girl, you know I feel for you
The hard stuff: I’ve got your back, that’s the deal with you.
But I thank you for the way you made the fantasy real
So you will always have the heart of the man of steel