Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Butterfly Kisses

Yesterday I came to your rescue
But you didn't need saving
You just needed to know that I cared
I should have stayed connected
But I got so busy saving that I went off to save the world
Again
I even saved a kitten in a tree
Wrote some “fli” poetry
And even got some work done at my day job
I got so busy I didn't get to check in on you
And you probably felt a little down
Again
I'm not making excuses
I'm apologizing
I'm sorry I didn't make more time for you
My work was far from done
And I crave the opportunity to kiss your collarbone
Again
So as you rest your head tonight
Rest assured I'm aware of my shortcomings
Super means remembering the little things too
Like random kisses when you least expect but need them most
And giving you butterflies
Again